Today my hair is short :).
Yesterday, I received beautiful roses, thank you Nancy and Philip. I also got a fantastic cooking book (I have chosen already several recipes) thank you Theresa!!!!
The Maryland area and specifically the city of Baltimore are well -known for their famous crab cakes. Two nights ago I followed the recipe below from Epicurious; it is excellent.
Crab Cakes – Baltimore Style
Time: 40 min | 6 crab cakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus wedges for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning**
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over (Chicken of the Seas is a great option)
- 1 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add crab; fold to blend. Stir in 3/4 cup panko, chives, salt, and pepper. Divide into 6 equal portions. Form each into 1 inch thick patties. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place remaining 1/2 cup panko on a plate. Coat cakes with panko. Fry until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with lettuce or salad.
Cooking tip: Panko can be found in groceries or markets with Asian products. Otherwise, bread crumbs are a good substitute.
**In case you cannot find Old Bay Seasoning in your local grocery store; you can make your own. Old Bay is a mix of the following spices: mustard, paprika, celery seed, bay leaf, both black and red pepper, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, salt, mace and ginger.
6 thoughts on “Crab Cakes – Baltimore Style”
Guapísima de pelo corto!!!
PD. Siempre se agradece que en una receta se de la sustitución de ingredientes difíciles de encontrar 😉
Amiga, estas guapisima!!!. BESOTES.
Way to go Beatriz! I like the new hairdo!
Enjoy the book! Your hair looks great! xoxo
you are BEAUTIFUL ❤