I cannot believe that my last post was on March 15, 2013 after completing all treatment. Time flies!
In the last 30 days, I have dedicated my time to organize things at work and at home. It feels good to have some sort of peace and normalcy in our lives. Each day I feel stronger and with more energy to the point that I started running again.
Even though I have been busy with work and visits from my parents and friends, I have spent time thinking about what has changed in my life since I was diagnosed. Certainly, I have changed:
- Each day I stop for a moment to say thank you to God for the gift of a healthy and fulfilled life.
- I smile more and say good morning to other people more often.
- I no longer wear wigs and I am happy looking like a Marine.
- I like bold colors and designs which are now part of my wardrobe. Welcome yellow, orange, light green, and fun outfits!
- In conversations I am now a listener.
- I am more assertive and I don’t put up with any nonsense from crazy/negative people.
- No more “sugar-coating” things. (Honestly, I was tired of that)
- I am playing my piano and guitar more.
Tomorrow is April 15 and I am turning 34 years-old. I feel blessed, happy, and excited.
I am surrounded by love.
Thank you for reading. 🙂